The Urban Upbound Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) year round program offers free tax preparation assistance to people who generally make $66,000 or less, persons with disabilities, seniors and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. Urban Upbound’s free tax services offer a smart alternative for New York City families who are often forced to pay high fees through paid services that can cost hundreds of dollars.
Providing free tax preparation services enables qualified working families and individuals to take advantage of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) benefit – which provides an important lifeline in tough economic times and the ability to utilize every dollar of their tax refund, thus increasing buying power or allowing a means to start a savings plan.
The benefits of using Urban Upbound free tax preparation service:
- All tax preparers are IRS certified – providing quality tax preparation services
- Taxpayer receives every dollar of their refund
- Tax preparers are qualified to prepare returns that include many credits and deductions
- EITC – Earned Income Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Itemized Deductions
- Self-Employment Income
- Educator Credit
- School Tax Credit – IT-210
- Renter’s Credit – IT-214
We are located at 12-15 40th Avenue, L.I.C., NY 11101. Call 718-784-0877, ext 7 and make an appointment today!